To Kill A Mockingbird

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Radley Tree

Jem told me about Boo Radley today! He got in trouble when he was a kid and hasn’t really been out of his house since!! It is crazy and I think he is dead, but Jem says he is alive, because they haven’t carried him out of his house yet. Jem, Dill, and me are all kind of scared of the Radley house. Every time we go by it we run very fast! Jem tried to put a letter to Boo in through their window, but Atticus caught us. Then one day we found two rare Indian coins in the tree that is partly on the schoolyard and partly on the Radley yard. We took them, and I thought maybe it was someone’s hiding space. Then the next day we found two soap carvings that looked exactly like us. Then after that we found a broken pocket watch! All of these things are great treasures, but no one seemed to be missing anything at school. Plus the soap looked just like us. I think it might have been Boo trying to communicate with us. I have a feeling that Boo is lonely. I hope I get to meet him sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment